Monday, January 22, 2018

My new lineup

Since retiring, I have some more time to play with radios and specifically scanners. A lot has changed in the past 5 years in our area, as the previous analog public safety trunked radio systems have combined into a county-wide digital P25 Phase I multisite system. This meant getting new digital scanners and working through the programming/setup challenges. I think I finally have everything sorted out:
  • I've dedicated a Pro-197 to monitoring the main digital trunking site
  • A Pro-651 is programmed for the local University site
These sites are linked but generally carry different talkgroups. 
  • I also have a Pro-668 (upgraded by Whistler) that I use to monitor the local DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) system that carries taxi and towing services. 
  • I use other analog scanners (including the Pro-2006) to monitor the local ham repeaters (I'm an amateur extra class), conventional public service, NOAA weather and air band traffic 

No comments:

Post a Comment